Ngiam, W. X. Q., Khaw, K. L. C., Holcombe, A. O., & Goodbourn, P. T. (2019). Visual working memory for letters varies with familiarity but not complexity. Journal of Experimental Psychology: Learning, Memory and Cognition, 45(10), 1761-1775.
- Bachelor of Psychology (Honours), University of Sydney, 2014.
- Doctor of Philosophy (Psychology), University of Sydney, 2019.
- May 2019 - present: Postdoctoral Researcher
- University of Chicago with Edward Awh and Edward Vogel.
- June 2017 - December 2018: Statistical Assistant
- Using interactive learning to integrate statistical theory with contemporary research practices; University of Sydney Strategic Education Grant/Educational Innovation Grant
- Duties included: Designing and programming interactive learning apps to teach statistical concepts
- Supervisor: Associate Professor Ben Colagiuri and Doctor Rebecca Pinkus
- June 2017 - December 2018: Research Assistant
- The development of attentional control in children with and without anxiety; University of Sydney Faculty of Science/Seed Funding
- Duties included: Programming experiments and data analysis
- Supervisor: Doctor Micah Goldwater
- Summer School 2018: Lecturer
- Introduction to Psychology (PSYC1001), University of Sydney
- 2015 - 2017: Tutor
- Statistics and Research Methods for Psychology (PSYC2012), University of Sydney
- 2015, 2017: Tutor
- Advanced Statistics for Psychology (PSYC3010), University of Sydney
- 2016: Tutor
- Research Methods in Honours Psychology, University of Sydney
Ngiam, W. X. Q., Brissenden, J. A., & Awh, E. (2019). "Memory compression" effects in visual working memory are contingent on explicit long-term memory. Journal of Experimental Psychology: General, 148(8), 1373.
- Programming experiments and analyses in MATLAB and R.
- Conduct experiment including eyetracking (Eyelink) and EEG (BrainProducts)